2024 ADIA Women In Dentistry Scholarship
Do you want to grow your skills? Do you wish to expand your network? Do you aspire to a Board position?
ADIA presents the 2024 Women in Dentistry Scholarship
Founded in 2020, Women in Dentistry promotes the professional advancement of women in the oral health sector through networking, mentoring, and education. With this focus on career progression, ADIA has introduced the ADIA Women in Dentistry Scholarship.
The goal of the Women in Dentistry Scholarship is to support the career progression of women in the Australian dental industry, with a focus on expanding the recipient’s professional education and governance skillset, to the benefit of the sector.
Applications for the 2024 Scholarship will open 1 November 2023.
The Scholarship provides the recipient with a one-year membership to the Australian Institute of Company Directors as well as enrolment to the AICD Company Directors CourseTM OR full enrolment to the Australian Graduate School of Management General Manager Course.
Applications are open to women employed by, or who own, an ADIA member company for a minimum of 12 months prior to Scholarship application.
The application process
1. Seek an endorsement letter from your CEO or company leader
You will need to upload this during the application process.
The endorsement letter must include:
- endorser’s name, company and contact details;
- name of candidate being endorsed;
- how well they know the candidate;
- how long they have known the candidate professionally;
- why the endorser believes the candidate is a good nominee for this professional development;
- why the candidate should be considered for the Women in Dentistry Scholarship;
- any other associations between the candidate and endorser; and
- any additional information that would be useful to the judging panel.
* If the applicant is the CEO or equivalent, then please provide an endorsement letter from the CEO or equivalent of another ADIA member company.
* Members of the ADIA Board, judging panel or ADIA staff cannot act as an endorser for a candidate.
2. Apply for the Scholarship via the apply now button
The application process includes a written section with a series of questions. You can create an account and save your draft to complete at a later stage. The application attracts a nominal fee of $49. Applications close on Friday 22 December 2023.
3. Shortlisted candidates will be notified
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email by 31 January 2024.
4. Candidate interviews
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a judging panel via Zoom between 1 - 28 February 2024. There is nothing formal to prepare for this interview.
5. Scholarship recipient to be announced in March 2024
The ADIA Women in Dentistry Scholarship recipient will be announced at the Australian Dental Industry Awards Gala Dinner in Sydney on 22 March 2024.
If you have any questions, please contact the ADIA team on 1300 943 094 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries open: Wednesday, 1 November 2023
Entries close: Friday, 22 December 2023
Winner announced: Friday, 22 March 2024 at the Australian Dental Industry Awards Gala Dinner